- Thickness: Look for trampoline padding that is at least 1 inch thick, preferably 1.5 to 2 inches. Thicker padding can provide better protection against injuries from falls.
- Material: Choose trampoline padding made from high-quality, durable materials such as closed-cell foam or polyethylene foam. These materials are long-lasting, resistant to water and mildew, and able to withstand high impact.
- UV-Resistant: Choose trampoline padding that is UV-resistant to prevent fading and deterioration from exposure to sunlight.
- Fit: Make sure that the trampoline padding fits the frame of your trampoline properly and covers all springs, gaps, and edges. This can help prevent injuries from falls or contact with the trampoline frame.
- Certification: Look for trampoline padding that meets safety certifications and standards, such as ASTM International. This can provide assurance that the padding has been tested and approved for safety.
- Replacement: Plan to replace trampoline padding every few years or as needed. Over time, padding can deteriorate and lose its effectiveness at preventing injuries.
How to Choose the Right Trampoline Padding for Your Family's Safety
May 9, 2023
Choosing the right trampoline padding is important for ensuring the safety of your family. Here are some tips for choosing the right trampoline padding for your family's safety: